Tuesday, February 26, 2013

1 - A Blog a Day for 30 Days Feb 27, 2011 7:01AM PST


At various times over the past fews years I stumbled upon the random member's blog entry in the "A Blog a Day for 30 Days" challenge.  I found it clever, wanted to give it a try, but kept putting it off...
...until now.  In fact, you are reading my first blog in the challenge:  a blog about the "A Blog a Day for 30 Days" challenge.
As I write this, I wonder if I'll have enough things to write about for 30 days straight.  Having enough material to write about seems to be the toughest aspect of the challenge.  Indeed, I've come across blogs that read something like "Day 15.  Not much happened today.  Not sure what to write about.  Just entering this as a blog to keep up with so-and-so and continue the challenge".
I intend to avoid such a blog at all costs.  Surely there must be enough random topics and events in my life upon which to contrive something interesting and entertaining.  I generally keep my opinions to myself, but I imagine I can open the spicket for the sake of digital print.  Perhaps the well is overflowing.
Furthermore, I could use the cranial exercise.  Insightful and enlightening conversation has evaded me as of late.  Facts are fleeting.  Guesses are golden.  I am a minnow that has escaped the roaring tide of the American Mainstream Neurologically Eternal Stupification Insertion Agenda (or AMNESIA  for short) and plan on never going back, which is a form of amnesia in its own right.
My strategy going forth is to keep each blog simple and direct.  I'm sure blog burnout comes easy to those who shoot their load in a few early epic million-word diatribes of gushing mindbarf.  
The main obstacle I foresee is time.  I'm taking this challenge very seriously, and would hate it if lack of time pestered me into missing a blog, whether it be on the 5th, 9th, or even 13th day.  However, if such be the case, I pray that all 3 of my avid "A Blog a Day For 30 Days" groupies will forgive me.
Also, it must be one blog per day!  This is a contingency I lay upon myself.  If you happen to read a blog that is cut off in midsentence, lacking conclusion or any plausible reason for it's abrupt ending, rest assured that the clock hath struck midnight and my blog-a-day ether for that day has been expended.
So, here we go.  A blog a day for 30 days!  Woohoo!  Please feel free to share any comments, criticism, and reactive mindspew!  I could use the motivattion.  Enjoy!

D

Comments (2)


  • BrokenH
  • I was doomed from the start

    Posted: Feb 27, 2011 12:00AM PST by  BrokenH
    For me I don't even look to a list. To do so makes me feel bound and limited. However I'm not the best to ask. I knew from the onset I couldn't meet the quota so I simply kept blogging to socialize with friends & for the sheer enjoyment of it.
    In the future I hope a challenge focuses on the quality of blogs as opposed to the quantity. I find "more" isn't always better.
    However this challenge serves a good purpose. Aka it makes gamers socialize on a regular basis which is ALWAYS a plus!
    Flag | Reply | Delete
    • Raised_on_Nintendo
    • RE doomed

      Posted: Feb 28, 2011 12:00AM PST by  Raised_on_Nintendo
      LOL @ doomed from the start.  That is partly why I obstained for so long, I wasn't sure if I was ready for it.  Lately, there's been a lot on my mind so I figured now would be a good time to start blogging and release some thoughts.
      Personally, I think people should blog more often.  It's good mental exercise.  I enjoy reading different styles of writing.  
      As for challenges of quality, have you checked out bitmob.com?  I don't visit regularly, but I saw some challenges like that at the site.
      Take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment