Tuesday, February 26, 2013

So I beat "God of War 2"... Kratos FTW May 25, 2011 9:41PM PST


God of War 2 is everything I expected as a sequel to GoW.  Better graphics, larger variety of enemies, improved mechanics.  Again, I'm impressed by how good this PS2 port looks on PS3.  
The game retains the annoying option to downgrade to easy mode after dying a few times at one checkpoint, but this time they ask the ever so valuable "are you sure?" to avoid accidental confirmation.  This improvement allowed me to finish the entire game on hard mode, unlike GoW where I accidentally selected "Yes" and was forced to finish on easy mode.
Next up for me is, you guessed it, GoW 3.  I'm looking forward to playing a current gen GoW and continuing with this amazing franchise.

What I liked:
Improvements over GoW in terms of graphics, audio.
The "Are you sure?" confirmation after accidentally pressing "Yes" to downgrade to easy mode.
Golden Fleece parry moves.

What I didn't like:
Story wasn't as compelling as first GoW.

No comments:

Post a Comment