Tuesday, February 26, 2013

So I beat "Mortal Kombat"... Flawless Victory! May 06, 2011 7:32PM PST


IMO, Beating MK includes the following:
Finishing Story Mode
Finishing Challenge Ladder
Finishing Ladder on Expert Difficulty
Collecting all Krypt unlockables.
I love the game and can't wait for PSN to relaunch so I can play online.  The game is basically a beefed up version of MK Trilogy, which is a dream come true for me.  I never got into the 3D MK's.  I hear "Deadly Alliance" and "Armageddon" are good, but I never played them.
I have a few minor complaints, which I will list, but they aren't enough to hinder my opinion that this is the best MK of all time.

What I like:
Blatent homage to MK Trilogy in terms of characters, setting and gameplay.
Story Mode.  
Mileena's second alternate costume.

What I don't like:
Quan Chi.  Why did they include him?  He wasn't added to the cast until MK4, and his inclusion seems out of place to me.
Lack of narration for Cyber Sub-Zero's ending.  Perhaps it was intentional, but it seems like a glitch or oversight.
Lack of "Friendship" and "Animality" finishers.  With Stage fatalities and Babalities in the game, including these 2 finishers would've been sweet sweet candy.

Comments (7)


  • CallSignStarbucks
  • DLC

    Posted: May 06, 2011 12:00AM PST by  CallSignStarbucks
    I wouldn't be surprised if those missing fatalities you mentioned eventually appear as DLC for you to buy.
    It's still too bad about the PSN as well <_<
    Flag | Reply | Delete
  • rmsk8r05
  • From what I understand

    Posted: May 07, 2011 12:00AM PST by  rmsk8r05
    The timeline in Mortal Kombat has been altered (Sub-Zero being cyberized for starters and Lui Kang died by Raiden's hands and not Shang Tsang). Anyways I didn't really played MK4 or the last generation MK games either so I'm not entirely sure where they could go now with the story.
    Flag | Reply | Delete
    • Raised_on_Nintendo
    • Definitely confusing.

      Posted: May 07, 2011 12:00AM PST by  Raised_on_Nintendo
      There are so many variations of the story, from the first movie, to MK's story mode, to the MK Legacy YouTube webisodes.  Will the true MK origin please stand up!
      Flag | Edit | Delete
  • BrokenH
  • Sub Zeroes

    Posted: May 07, 2011 12:00AM PST by  BrokenH
    Cyber sub zero? That's cool I guess, though my favorite Sub Zero was "the good one" who actually didn't kill Scorpion's family. There's also the evil Sub Zero who did. OMG brain spasm! Who is who?!
    Flag | Reply | Delete
    • Raised_on_Nintendo
    • Cyber is pretty cool

      Posted: May 07, 2011 12:00AM PST by  Raised_on_Nintendo
      He's a good guy with a ton of moves.  He's like Cyrax combined with Sub-Zero, with a touch of Kung Lao thrown in.
      Flag | Edit | Delete
  • jburnacrip
  • MK IS FANTASTIC

    Posted: May 08, 2011 12:00AM PST by  jburnacrip
    Im loving MK right now, Yo jax is my guy man him and sheeva! cant wait for psn to come up so I can play, hey add me if yall on ps3 texbuk84!

No comments:

Post a Comment