Tuesday, February 26, 2013

To Switch or Not To Switch Is now the time to hop on the PS3 bandwagon? Mar 16, 2010 9:01PM PST


I've owned a 360 since '06 when it was an affordable choice over the PS3.  Since then I've enjoyed playing many great HD games.  The Halo series, Gears of War, Dead Rising, RE5 are all great gaming experiences well worth the price of admission.
Now that the initial wave of HD anticipation has passed, my personal interest in the 360 is waning.  There are no "must have" titles coming out in the near future that excite me.  I enjoy some of it's multimedia features like file sharing, and Xbox Live is a great online experience, but I now perceive the 360 as a system on the decline.
My Live subscription will be active until this winter so I have plenty of time to decide to make the switch.  Is now the time to sell my Xbox 360 and invest in the PS3?  To me, the timing seems right.  What would you do?  Does anyone have any advice to give?

Comments (2)


  • schm0
  • It's Always Time

    Posted: Mar 17, 2010 12:00AM PST by  schm0
    The approximate time to jump on the PS3 "bandwagon" was in 2006, when the system made it's debut. Cool
    In all seriousness, and in the interest of dousing the fanboy flames before they spiral out of control, I will merely highlight some of the pros of the PS3 for you:
    1. Blu-ray, Blu-ray, Blu-ray. This will be the video standard for the next 5-10 years.
    2. PS3 Exclusives: Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Demon's Souls, God of War I-III, Gran Turismo, Heavy Rain, Infamous, Resistance, SOCOM, and Uncharted. Check the ratings onmetacritic or here on 1up.com if you like.
    3. Free PSN and online play. No subscriptions. (The tradeoff being less features, currently.)
    4. Built-in Wifi
    5. Sleek look and better cooling in the PS3 Slim
    6. The CELL processor, which is not even fully utilized in nearly all games, and is only recently being used to its fullest. (http://tinyurl.com/ykgezpdhttp://tinyurl.com/yzbye7n)
    Those are just a few off the top of my head. Don't get me wrong, I've read all about the XBOX and know what it's capable of as well. It all depends on what you want out of your system. The XBOX Live online system has tons of features that leave us PS3 fans drooling, but I wouldn't trade my PS3 exclusives for any of them. Anyways, that's just my two pennies. Good luck!
    Flag | Reply | Delete
  • DeeTee
  • Maybe, maybe

    Posted: Mar 18, 2010 12:00AM PST by  DeeTee
    I keep prevaricating about jumping into the current generation of consoles. PS3 does seem to have three exclusives I wouldn't mind trying out (Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls and the Uncharted games), but not much beyond that.
    I'm thinking of hanging off until the next generation comes out, which I assume will be next year sometime, and getting on the boat then.

    That said, I will probably do my normal thing of saying "No, no, it won't happen", and then accidentally find myself buying both.

No comments:

Post a Comment