Tuesday, February 26, 2013

15 - The BaD for 30 Days Midpoint Analysis Mar 16, 2011 7:27PM PST


I remember starting this Blog a Day for 30 Days challenge like it was just 18 days ago.  In fact, it was 18 days ago, but it seems more like 3.  I've taken this challenge seriously, and I'd like to take this opportunity to review the first half of the challenge and assess how I've done so far.
I started the first 7 blogs with random topics that came to mind, saving the videogame related material for later, which I think was a good strategy.  I'm about halfway through my "Blast to the Past" videogame retrospective, which will leave me with about 10 more blogs to find topics for.  Will I find enough material to keep it interesting?  Or will I peter out like so many bloggers who came before me?  Perhaps I am petering out right now?
So far there were a total of 3 days when I missed writing a blog.  Not coincidentally, they were days when I hosted a poker tournament at my house.  Although I could've squeezed in a quicky blog for the sake of continuity, I chose to skip those days in favor of writing quality blogs.
Speaking of quality, my two worst blogs were the "Blast to the Past: Game Gear" and "Gameboy" blogs.  Although I did indeed own both handhelds, which qualified their games for Blast to the Past status, I was never heavily invested in them like I was the consoles I owned.  Spoiler alert: my "Blast to the Past: Nintendo DS" blog might also be a stinker.
While I've gone to great lengths to avoid typos, a few have evaded my scanning eyes.  For some reason my browser's auto spell check does not work in the 1up type box, so I must edit my blogs the old fashion way.  The most glaring typo was the misspelling of "podcast" in blog #5, which was spelled "padcost".  I discovered it a few days after the fact, and figured I'd just let that one ride, because it sounded so silly.
With 15 more blogs ahead of me I will trudge forth, subjecting my wit for the masses to consume and digest.  For those who have kept up with my blog, I thank you, and hope you are enjoying what you see, sans the occasional shot of mental Pepto Bismol.

Comments (3)


  • BrokenH
  • Dave

    Posted: Mar 16, 2011 12:00AM PST by  BrokenH
    Wish you best of luck Dave! I thought about taking it serious at first but a lot of stuff was coming up on the home front so I reverted to blogging just for fun & socializing. Maybe I'll fare better in the next contest!
    Flag | Reply | Delete
    • Raised_on_Nintendo
    • I'm hanging in there.

      Posted: Mar 16, 2011 12:00AM PST by  Raised_on_Nintendo
      The encouragement really helps.  It might be more interesting if I had more friends on 1up, but I have only ten.  If you are reading this, random 1up member, feel free to send a friend request.  I don't discriminate.
      While I haven't posted comments, Ben, I've been reading your blog.  It's filled with originality and creativity, something I have a lot of respect for.  Keep up the good work!
      Flag | Edit | Delete
    • BrokenH
    • Don't sweat it

      Posted: Mar 16, 2011 12:00AM PST by  BrokenH
      It's all good Dave. Life doesn't always afford us the time to reply to every blog on the internet. lol. I appreciate your patronage all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment