Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Really early initial WiiU Impressions. Posted: November 18, 2012


The glossiness of the Deluxe WiiU, while rightly criticized for fingerprint enhancement, looks perfectly natural next to my glossy black flat screen TV, or perhaps an extension of it.  The universal remote setup wasn't too bad.  I'd like to be able to control both my TV and Cable box.  Maybe it's possible, but for now I've just sync'd the gamepad,  set the time, date, etc, setup the TV remote, connected to my router, and initiated the update download.

The first time I put the gamepad in my hands I was reminded of my good ol' Game Gear.  That's how its contour feels to me, accentuated by its hard black plastic and light weight.

To be honest, I have butterflies in my stomach, and I haven't played a game yet.  I did test the distance, and I could indeed reach my bedroom with data-streaming intact, at least during the setup process.

No comments:

Post a Comment