Tuesday, February 26, 2013

PS+ just paid for itself And expanded my backlog by about 10 games. Jun 06, 2012 6:47PM PST


After reading articles that criticize the big 3's PR showings at E3 this year, I decided to skip watching them and let E3 fall off the radar.  There aren't any new games I'm looking out for.  I decided to spend the next year or so focusing on my backlog and playing other great franchises I missed this gen.  Then Sony dropped off a huge payload of free games for PS+ members which gained my attention and has me nodding (bowing?) with a grin in Sony's general direction.
So far I downloaded, inFAMOUS 2Saints Row 2Little Big Planet 2 and Virtua Fighter 5, and that's less than half of what's available.  There are games from previous weeks, like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Trine 2 that I haven't yet had time to play, and I don't know how I'm ever going to find the time to play, let alone download and install all these new games.
Thankfully, all of the games offered for PS+ subscribers this week are ones I haven't already bought or played, so I'm getting the best possible value, and I have to say, the value is high.  The price I'd have to pay for all the free games I downloaded as a PS+ member, even at a discounted used price, would be at least 6 times greater than the PS+ subscription fee, and I've only been a member for 5 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment