Tuesday, February 26, 2013

RE6 first impressions. Posted: October 02, 2012


I'm not very far into the game at all at this point.  I played a little over an hour.  So far I like it, and I think it's going to be an enjoyable journey.
The action sequences that begin the game feel very much in epic scale like watching an intro set-piece from one of the recent RE movies.  I won't spoil anything, but just say that there's a lot of stuff going, a lot of action, animation, camera direction, like a big budget film.
In the short time I played I already witnessed a few dramatic death scenes.  That's a facet of RE and survival horror in general that I think goes underappreciated and undermentioned.  I can't count the number of different ways I've watched numerous sprite and polygonal characters die over the years.  Some are funny.  Some are dramatic.  Some are over the top.  For me, it's part of the entertainment value of a game when done right, and so far RE6 seems to be doing it right and more often.  
There was one part of the game when my coop partner died suddenly at the hands of a random zombie in a manner that was graphic, sadistic, appalling, yet rewarding all at the same time.  It has me wondering how many different 'fatalities' I'll get to witness throughout the game and how many times I'll intentionally die to see them all.

Comments (3)


  • BrokenH
  • David

    Posted: Oct 03, 2012 12:00AM PST by  BrokenH
    Glad you're enjoying it! I wouldn't let the poor reviews get you down. Normally I would have gotten this game for its' full asking price but I have a bit of a vendetta against capcom right now. lol. However, it's personal and I don't expect other people to carry the same torch.
    Flag | Reply | Delete
    • Raised_on_Nintendo
    • True

      Posted: Oct 04, 2012 12:00AM PST by  Raised_on_Nintendo
      I'm the same way with EA and Activision.  Too bad most purchases are probably by parents simply bowing to their child's birthday/holiday wishlist with narry a though of these companies' political background.
      Flag | Edit | Delete
  • 300300
  • Its a cool game.

    Posted: Oct 03, 2012 12:00AM PST by  300300
    I pre-ordered way before and already passed it. Its an amazing game althought it has its Pros and Cons, the games mechanics and new gameplay system makes it a must have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment