Tuesday, February 26, 2013

So I didn't beat "Pilotwings Resort"... Apr 22, 2011 8:00PM PST

I like PWR, and the overall PW series.  It's a fun game, but I lost interest in it after about a week.  I ended up collecting all the balloons, about 98% of all rings, Mii Trophies. and stunt rings, and finished all levels up to platinum level.  I hate leaving a game unfinished, but PWR just got too repetitive and tedious to hold my interest.  It will remain unfinished, because I traded it in towards a purchase of "Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars". 

GR:SW has it goin' on!  It's been a while since I played a turn-based strategy game, and this game doesn't disappoint.  The graphics really shine in 3D.  I recommend it to anyone who owns 3DS.

In other gaming news, I went with my buddy to the midnight launch of "Mortal Kombat", played it all night and walked away highly impressed.  I played the crap out of MK Trilogy, and this game pays due homage to what many consider the last great MK game.  It's the MK I've been waiting for.  

I was also impressed with the PS3.  That night was the first time I spent any quality time with one.  Your truly will most likely be trading in all things 360 in favor of a PS3 in the very near future.  I just don't see myself playing MK3 on an Xbox D-pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment