Tuesday, February 26, 2013

4 - Carlos Estevez Mar 02, 2011 1:13PM PST


By now, I'm sure many of you have caught some wind of the drama surrounding the life of Carlos Estevez, aka Charlie Sheen.  I normally prevent such scandalous Hollywood subjects from entering my conscious, and if ol' Carlos didn't break his silence by appearing via radio interview on my favorite radio show/padcost, "The Dan Patrick Show", I wouldn't be giving it a second thought.  
First, I was amused by how the tabloids took that interview and ran it completely out of context.  If you've ever partied then you can tell that Carlos is a party animal.  His personality screams party.  He is quick-witted and honest, almost to a fault.  Let me get this straight, though.  I'm not defending the guy.  I'm just stating my observations.
After that interview I didn't go out of my way to learn any more until I heard he did an video-recorded interview with TMZ.  TMZ?  That sounds like a poorly thought out move on Charlie, I mean Carlos' part.  Why TMZ?  Don't they make a living on criticizing and exploiting celebrity scandel?  I had to watch the interview to compare notes with my opinion of Carlos from the DP show interview.
In all honesty and fairness, I couldn't care less about what Carlos does in his spare time.  I take him at his word that he is sober.  I'm going through my own bout with sobriety at the moment, and it's actually pretty easy if the right motivation is in place.  
In my opinion, his drug habits aren't what caused his eccentric personna, it was his upbringing in the Hollywood celebrity culture that paved the way for his effortless entry into the lifestyle of excess.  Maybe there was a time that Carlos actually had to try at something significant.  Maybe at one time he needed to actually look for work instead of the work looking for him.  What's that saying about adversity building character?
Here's a question I have: Has Carlos hurt anyone?  No?  Then leave him alone.  "Oh, but he's setting a bad example for society to follow."  Really?  Believe it or not, there are folks who don't watch TV, go to the movies, or read ridiculous gossip rags.  Ask someone in Tibet what they think of Charlie Sheen.  "Isn't that the guy who's always mopy and down on his luck?"  No, that's Charlie Brown.  And if he's setting a bad example, why are all of these journalists tripping over themselves in pursuit of his story.  Shouldn't they be ignoring him?
Here's the big kicker for me.  Hundreds of headlines and news blurbs have been reported about Charlie Sheen and his decadent lifestyle.  I wonder how many total man hours have been spent on this story alone.  However, what has Charlie Sheen done that directly effects your life?  Has he stolen from you?  No?  Well, guess what, there are folks living behind the scenes that steal form you every day, folks who would treat you far less kindly than Charlie Sheen ever would.  They live just as decadent a lifestyle as Sheen, if not more, and they do it on your dime.  They're called politicians, bankers, and economic advisors, just to name a few.  How come we rarely hear about these people?  How come nobody has an opinion about this?  Why aren't we scrutinizing their every move like we do Sheen's?  If you think that mainstream media isn't used to hide the truths of elite power mongers, you are sadly misguided.  Are we starting to see just how distracting and pacifying mainstream media can be upon the modern population?  Are you starting to understand that this is intentianally done to keep you in the dark?  Wake the fuck up!  If your intrigue is scandalous affair, leave Sheen alone and direct your attention somewhere more appropriate that actually effects you.  Or are you too scared?  Are you too stupid?
Lastly, I just want to say that Sheen looks terrible, physically.  I think he's making a fool of himself and needs to go incommunicado.  What he does from there isn't my business, nor should it be yours.  Have a nice day.

Comments (1)


  • BrokenH
  • Agree

    Posted: Mar 02, 2011 12:00AM PST by  BrokenH
    Charlie never screwed with me so we're on good terms. All I care about is that he never killed or molested anyone when under the influence and that all the females he banged were 100% willing! Beyond that it's water under the bridge and I could really care less about his personal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment