Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Opinions about 3DSXL Posted: July 28, 2012


IMO, 16 months after initial launch isn't too soon for Nintendo to release a redesign of a handheld.  I'm surprised, though, that they played the XL card before going compact, ala DS Lite, or dual stick.  
As a day 1 adopter, yeah, I kinda wish my 3DS was an XL.  It wouldn't sting so much if it was compared against a 3DS Lite.  I made my bed, though, and I plan to lay in it (sometimes literally) with the original 3DS throughout the 3DS generation.
What I'm left with is another curious observation.  What will be the next iteration of the 3DS?  There has to be another one.  Redesigns are one method in which Nintendo keeps the market fresh and interesting.  Will it be 3DS XXL?  Will they eventually release a dual stick model?  Or will there be enough interconnectivity between the WiiU that blurs the line between handheld and console controller, rendering it more of a baby brother to the WiiU than it's own brand?
Hmmm...

Comments (3)


  • SamuraiTerry
  • 3DS Micro!

    Posted: Jul 29, 2012 12:00AM PST by  SamuraiTerry
    I got in on the 3DS when the price dropped early and I got the ambassador games.  Was going to get the XL on launch day because I would love a bigger screen.  Unfortunately my friend convinced me to go to the Wizard World Chicago Comic Con.  So I guess I'll wait till Christmas.  Maybe by then there will be better colors, because America got boned.  I would much rather have the silver one from the UK or the white one from Japan.  
    I did finally get a Gameboy micro a few weeks ago off ebay and even though the screen is crazy small I love how small it is. It's the same size as my iPhone but a little thicker.  I can pull it out and fight a few battles on Pokemon Green.  So convienent.  I would love to see a small 3DS or even a DS.  
    Flag | Reply | Delete
  • BrokenH
  • David

    Posted: Jul 29, 2012 12:00AM PST by  BrokenH
    3DS head chip.....whenever you yearn to play a game it'll pop up in your retina display! You'll control a character's actions completely through your brain-waves! Er, just don't game & drive!
    Flag | Reply | Delete
  • dilutedme
  • 3DSXL

    Posted: Jul 29, 2012 12:00AM PST by  dilutedme
    I might buy an XL I'm still enjoying Kid Icarus Uprising but My hand gets cramped after 35 to 40 mins of playing and I feel that it's because the 3DS isn't big enough. I think if it felt more like a controller than a hand held it would be better, but I don't know if the XL would be any better. Honestly I think KI Uprising should have been a Wii game I hardly play it in 3d anyways because it drains the battery too quickly, but then I wouldn't have the kick ass AR Idol cards to collect, even though that in and of itself would have saved me a bunch of money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment