Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Games I've been playing Haven't beaten anything in a while May 20, 2012 9:12PM PST


I've haven't been blogging much, because I haven't beaten anything in a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been playing some great games.  In fact, I have too many games right now, and my attention's been divided between many of them.

Fortune Street 
For the past week my buddy and I have been battling at Fortune Street.  When I say battling, I mean playing so much that it's borderline unhealthy.  If you ever enjoyed playing Monopoly (and then despise it like I did) I highly recommend Fortune Street.  The added wrinkle of investing stock into properties and receiving dividends as each one is developed adds a whole new layer of gameplay and breaths new life into the formula borrowed heavily from Mr. Moneybags' pedigree.  Plus, it's online, which is rare for a Nintendo game.  On a side note, I'm taking on all challengers.  If you own this game and want to play me, let me know.
Tiger Woods 2012 Masters Edition
I've also been hitting the links regularly with TW12.  This game's a lot of fun with Wii Motion Plus attached.  Its accurate measuring of the swing motion and club face forces a player to focus on their swing, which, IMO, translates into a believable and worthy golf simulator.
FIFA 12
Before delving into the aforementioned games, my buddy and I played through a season in the Barclay's league as Manchester United using Nunchuck controls.  I'll admit, the controls still feel kinda awkward.  IMO there's too much emphasis on trigger buttons (C, Z, B) and not enough on thumb (A, D-Pad). which is more an argument against the Nunchuck setup than the game.  We still managed to find a comfort zone and blaze through the season as the #1 team.  Too bad this one's not online for the Wii. because it's a solid game, and I'd love to kick your ass in it!

Image links:

No comments:

Post a Comment